Students of GCSE Maths will develop fluent knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts, acquire, select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems, reason mathematically, make deductions and inferences, and draw conclusions, comprehend, interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context.
The course follows the Edexcel Syllabus
The assessments will cover the following content:
3 Ratio, proportion and rates of change
4 Geometry and measures
● Two tiers are available: Foundation and Higher (content is defined for each tier).
● Each student is permitted to take assessments in either the Foundation tier or Higher tier.
● The qualification consists of three equally-weighted written examination papers at either Foundation tier or Higher tier.
● All three papers must be at the same tier of entry and must be completed in the same assessment series.
● Paper 1 is a non-calculator assessment and a calculator is allowed for Paper 2 and Paper 3.
● Each paper is 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
● Each paper has 80 marks.
● The content outlined for each tier will be assessed across all three papers.
There will be three papers which are externally assessed, Students must complete all three papers in the same assessment series.
Paper 1 is a non-calculator paper. Paper 2 and 3 allow the use of a calculator.
The Pearson Edexcel Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9 to 1) in Mathematics is a tiered qualification. There are two tiers:
● Foundation tier - grades 1 to 5 available
● Higher tier grades – 4 to 9 available (grade 3 allowed).
The course fee does not include examination entry. You will have to arrange for examination entry with an accredited examination centre. IQ Plus are an accredited centre and we can facilitate exams for students. Exam entry will incur additional fees. These can vary for each subject and different centres will have their own fee structure.
If you would like to sit your exams with IQ Plus then please fill in the form here.